DRVN is on a mission to become a household name in the personal growth space by making authentic, impactful, and fun content on YouTube for over 500,000 subscribers.
Self-improvement is oftentimes a lonely journey because it’s hard to find people who share your passion. DRVN solves this by fostering a worldwide community of like-minded people who support each other in their journey.
About This Role
(Full-time in Austin, TX; must be able to relocate)
You will be working closely with the founder & creator Leon Hendrix on every part of the content creation process - shooting videos, editing, brainstorming ideas, etc. to reach millions of people and make a measurable impact in their lives.
This role will own the production and post-production process, filming the stories and adventures we go on, editing the videos, and brainstorming ideas in a collaborative way.
The ideal candidate for this role is extremely hungry, humble, and passionate about telling impactful stories on YouTube. They are naturally gifted at storytelling and have an almost unhealthy obsession with their craft.
- 🚀 Trajectory You'll be part of a fast-growing company with a bold vision from the very early stages. We'll provide you with all the training, workshops, and mentors you need to become truly exceptional.
- 💥 Impact Your work will reach millions of people and have a measurable impact on their lives. This is for you if you're looking for something that is truly fulfilling because it meaningfully reaches people's hearts.
- ✈️ Adventure You’ll join us for many exciting adventures in the future. Past adventures include tricking my laziest friend into Navy SEAL training, going to a brain training facility to increase our IQ, doing a 7-day darkness retreat and many more.
What Winning Looks Like
- The videos we put out raise the bar for what YouTube videos in the personal growth space can look like. They deeply captivate our viewers by combining humor, authenticity, emotional intensity, immersive editing, and a high-quality feel.
- Industry peers use our videos as an example that YouTube content is reaching a new level.
- Our videos actually make people cry, laugh out loud, and have goosebumps.
- Every 3 months we see an obvious improvement in our storytelling ability and content quality.
- We continue to improve, innovate, and level up different parts of our content.
- We comfortably and sustainably publish at least 2 videos a month with a buffer left over to leave time for learning, researching, and improving our craft.
- Leon spends less than 20% of his time in post-production, mostly sharing the vision and giving feedback, without having to jump in the edit to meet deadlines on time.
- Experience with video editing
- Basic camera operating skills
- Passion for storytelling
- Must be able and willing to relocate to Austin, TX
- This starts as a 1099 contract position that will turn into a W2 position
- full-time salary with the potential for upside
How To Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Video Storyteller From [*insert city & US state you’re from]” and include the following:
- Record a 1-minute video of yourself (e.g. using https://www.loom.com/) sharing who you are, why you want to join, and why you’re the right person for the role
- Add an example of your work that is most similar to what we’re doing (also explain what parts you were involved in)